Argyle is able to configure an RSS Email Campaign for the following Email Service Providers (ESPs)
- MailChimp* (use RSS campaign creation link – see below)
Developing an Image Based RSS campaign is technically not possible or feasible, as assets need to be dynamically generated based on published blog content. However, with proper design and setting expectations appropriately, a hybrid solution between image and text/code based content can be created to meet client expectations and maintain brand aesthetics.
These campaigns must be designed with both a on-brand mockup, and a fallback mockup approved by the client.
Blog Content That Must Be Dynamic:
- Image – image size must be set directly in RSS theme or in Site’s Media Settings
All of the above items must render in the design as text except for images. Therefore, the design must account for a full use web font email, as well as a fallback design which uses brand appropriate email safe fonts.
7 Email Safe Fonts to use as Fallbacks
- Courier New
- Lucida Sans Unicode
- Times New Roman
- Trebuchet MS
Web fonts can be served using Google Fonts or a similar online font query. Google Fonts is recommended.
Notes of Consideration
*MailChimp no longer supports RSS Email Campaigns, unless
- Account is grandfathered in, with 2 classic automations (excluding welcome automation)
- Account currently has 1 RSS campaign set up (duplicate this as new campaign if so)
- IMPORTANT: using this url, and replacing with the account’s server number in “usX” portion, should enable the creation of an RSS campaign.
^Replace the x in the “usx.” portion with the server number of the new account.
**Klaviyo supports dynamic RSS content, but can not automatically send emails when new blogs are published.